- Faculty Members from University Campus.
- Students and Alumni of the University Departments.
- SPPU’s R&D partners (sponsor companies) or any other organization wanting an off shoot of its existing business.
- SPPU’s partner Universities / Institutions of University Campus.
- Agencies associated with SPPU’s research & innovation.
- Gross root innovator who has innovative idea / Proposals for Incubation (Business Incubator) must meet with one or more of the following parameters:
- Proposals with Intellectual Property (IP) generated at SPPU & transferred to the company for a consideration.
- IP belonging to Faculty / Student / Alumni created outside SPPU & transferred to the company.
- Proposals that have social & strategic impacts.
- Proposals having interaction and involvement with SPPU facilities with or without use of SPPU facilities.
Proposals with large potential for generation of resource create visibility & impact for the centre’s Incubation activities.
Proposals selected by the centre shall be required to register as private limited company within the meaning of the Company Act, 1956 in 3 months of getting admitted in the Incubation Centre if not already registered. Applicants must fulfil above criteria for getting admission in the Incubation Centre for making application. Companies that are promoted by students enrolled for full-time degree / Masters degree at the University shall not be offered Incubation if the student is holding executive position. However, companies promoted by students are eligible to apply provided student is not actively engaged with the company beyond any engagement which is permitted by the University or has six months to pass the final year of degree / Masters Program.
Applicants will be required to submit a application form that would be available on the University website and provide the following:
Evaluation of the proposal will be done by expert committee. Selected Proposals will be required to make pitch presentation to the expert panel.
Need based applied research would be undertaken based on industry requirement in association with SPPU. SPPU faculty shall identify students with requisite knowledge and skill to carry out the work. The work may lead to graduate, post-graduate or doctoral degree for the students. There is a scope for post-doctoral research as well.
In addition, research would also be carried out for addressing the challenges that may come up for the start-ups in the SPPU Research Park Foundation.
SPPU RPF can undertake specific research based on industry requirement or start-up incubation unit by involving expert faculty from SPPU and may be few students. Depending on the type of the problem, this work may lead partial fulfillment towards Post Graduate or Ph.D. degree.
For industries looking to solve a particular problem in their business and need academic expertise, SPPU RPF shall act as a facilitator by involving right expertise within SPPU (or its affiliated colleges) to create a project. The project team shall comprise of industry identified person, faculty from SPPU, possibly few students and project coordinator from SPPU RPF. Details of the project can be worked out by all directly involved parties.
Co-location facility for the industry is available for carrying out joint research with the help of SPPU expertise. Project scope, timelines and deliverables will be defined by industry co-ordinator and SPPU faculty together. Infrastructure, project management support and co-ordination activities would be provided by the SPPU Research Park Foundation.
For the select companies which are not housed in the SPPU RPF, virtual incubation facility is provided. It is useful for those entrepreneurs who need to advise and support services of SPPU RPF but still want to maintain their own office.